Maybe You Should Come Home.
Maybe You Should Come Home Contest
What would it take to get you to come home to Prince Edward Island?
A job? A business opportunity? A baby? A one-way ticket to paradise?
Post your story, video or photo of why you or someone you know should come home to Prince Edward Island with the hashtag #URPEI.
Enter for Your Chance to Come Home
One grand prize of a one-way flight to Prince Edward Island with an approximate value of $2,000 (CDN). Entries are to be submitted electronically through any of the following contest channels:
Meet Other Islanders Who Have Come Home
Don’t just dream about coming home! You can make it happen just like they did.
Official Contest Rules and Regulations
(hereinafter: the “Contest Rules”)
This Contest is open to residents of Canada only, and is governed by Canadian law.
1. The “Maybe you should come home” Contest (hereinafter: the “Contest”) is held by Department of Workforce and Advanced Learning, located at 105 Rochford Street, Charlottetown (Prince Edward Island) C1A 7N8 (hereinafter: the “Organizer”). This Contest is administered by Department of Workforce and Advanced Learning, located at 105 Rochford St., Charlottetown (PEI) C1A 7N8 (hereinafter: the “Administrator”). The Contest starts on August 1, 2018 at 1:00 p.m. Eastern Time (hereinafter: “ET”) and closes on August 28, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. ET (hereinafter: the “Contest Period”).
2. This Contest is open to those who have reached the age of majority in their Province or Territory of residence at the time of entry, except employees, representatives and agents of the Organizer, its affiliated companies, its advertising and promotional agencies (including but not limited to the Administrator), suppliers of prizes, materials or services related to this Contest, as well as the immediate family members (father, mother, brothers, sisters, children), legal or common-law spouse of these employees, representatives and agents and anyone residing with these employees, representatives and agents.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
3. No purchase necessary. The contest must be entered by posting a story, video or photo why you or someone you know should come home to PEI and include the #URPEI hashtag. The entry must fulfil all campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of The Prince Edward Island Government. Post must be in “good taste” and in keeping with the intent of the campaign and must not be explicit, offensive, obscene, or profane, and must not be derogatory toward any ethnicity, race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, profession, or age group, or promote any activities that may be unsafe or dangerous. You may not enter more times than indicated by using identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of The Government of Prince Edward Island.
You must have a valid, public (i.e. not “protected”) Twitter, Instagram or Facebook account for your entry to be eligible. Each hashtag/code posted as instructed will count as one (1) entry in the Contest
3.1 There is a limit of one Contest entry per entrant per day for the duration of the Contest Period.
3.2 By posting the hashtag, each entrant fully and unconditionally accepts to be bound by the Contest Rules and the decisions of the Organizer or its representatives. The awarding of a prize is conditional upon the selected entrant satisfying all the requirements mentioned in the Contest Rules.
(Entries obtained by filling in an entry form on the Contest Page are hereinafter referred to as “Initial Entries”.)
4. There is one (1) grand prize to be awarded, consisting of a one-way flight to PEI (hereinafter: the “Prize”). Prize has an approximate value of two thousand Canadian dollars ($2,000). The exact value of each Prize depends on the point of departure of the selected entrant as well as the time of travel.
4.1 All expenses not mentioned above are the responsibility of the selected entrant and his/her guest and are not included in the Prize. These exclusions include, but are not limited to, local taxes, expenses related to travel documents (if any), ground transportation (to and from the departure airport used by the selected entrant and in Prince Edward Island), drinks and meals other than those provided free, out-of-pocket expenses, incidental and other personal expenses (including gratuities, tips to hotels and restaurants, merchandise, telephone, Internet, pay per view and game fees, personal insurance, activities, excursions and personal expenses of any nature for overnight layovers).
4.2 The trip must be completed prior to August 28, 2019, failing which the selected entrant will be considered to have forfeited the Prize.
4.3 The Organizer will take care of booking the selected entrant’s flight. Flight reservations are subject to availability at the time of booking. No changes to the flight reservations are permitted once the travel dates are confirmed.
4.4 The selected entrant is responsible for obtaining all necessary travel documentation, if any. No compensation or alternative will be offered if the trip is cancelled for failure to obtain travel documents or for any other failure on the part of the selected entrant or guest to board the scheduled flight. The Organizer and/or the Administrator shall not be responsible for any delays caused by third parties, including flight cancellation or delays of any kind in transportation.
4.5 The Prize does not qualify for mileage accumulation in any frequent flyer program.
5. A random draw will be conducted by the Administrator from eligible entries received during the Contest Period. The draw will be held on August 29, 2018 at noon AST at the offices of the Administrator.
ODDS OF WINNING
6. The odds of being selected depend upon the total number of eligible posts received during the Contest Period.
HOW TO CLAIM PRIZE
7. In order to be declared a winner and receive the Prize, the selected entrant will have to:
7.1 Be notified at their social media handle used with the post containing the #URPEI hashtag and acknowledge receipt of said selection notification within three (3) days from the date of receipt;
7.2 Correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, a time limited mathematical skill-testing question to be administered by telephone by the Administrator; and
7.3 Sign and return to the Administrator within three (3) days from the date of receipt a standard declaration and release form (hereinafter: the “Declaration Form”) confirming compliance with the Contest Rules, acceptance of the Prize as awarded, releasing the Organizer, the Administrator, their affiliates, subsidiaries, and independent contractors and their respective directors, officers, employees, agents and representatives including advertising and promotion agencies and suppliers of prizes, materials or services related to this Contest from all liability relating to the Contest and the Prize, and permitting the Organizer to use their name, photograph, image, likeness, declarations related to the Prize or Contest, city of residence and/or voice for publicity purposes in any media, anywhere in the world, for an unlimited period of time, without any further compensation.
8. Impossibility to reach the selected entrant by telephone, return of prize notification email as undeliverable, failure to respond to the Organizer’s/Administrator’s notification within the above prescribed delay or failure to return a signed copy of the Declaration Form within the above prescribed delay will result in disqualification of the selected entrant and forfeiture of their right to the Prize. The Administrator will, if time permits, conduct up to three (3) additional random draws from the remaining eligible Contest entries in order to try to award the Prize to an eligible entrant. If it is not possible to select an eligible entrant after three (3) attempts, the Prize will not be awarded.
9. The selected entrant who is declared the winner will be contacted within one (1) week following the receipt by the Administrator of their duly signed copy of the Declaration Form to make arrangements for the winner to receive the Prize.
10. If an entrant fails to comply with any of the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules, their random selection will be declared null and void and their right to the Prize will be forfeited.
11. Verification. Entries are subject to verification by the Organizer or its representatives. Use of any automated entry software is prohibited. Entries made with multiple addresses, under multiple identities or through the use of any device or artifice to obtain more entries than what is permitted by the Contest Rules will be deemed invalid and null. Entries which are incomplete, fraudulent, submitted late or that are otherwise not in compliance with the Contest Rules, will also be deemed invalid and null.
12. Disqualification. The Organizer reserves the right to disqualify any person or cancel the entry of any person participating in this Contest or trying to participate by means contrary to the Contest Rules or in a manner which is unfair to the other entrants (e.g. hacking, entries exceeding participation limits, etc.). Moreover, prior to awarding the Prize, the Organizer will make appropriate verifications. If such verifications reveal that a selected entrant has not complied with the Contest Rules, that person will be disqualified and will not be entitled to receive the Prize. Such persons may be referred to the appropriate judicial authorities.
13. Damage or Sabotage by Entrant. Any attempt to deliberately damage the Contest Page and/or any related page or website or to sabotage the legitimate conduct of this Contest constitutes a violation of civil and criminal laws. Should there be any such attempts, the Organizer reserves the right to reject an entrant’s entry and obtain legal or equitable relief under applicable laws.
14. Acceptance of Prize. The Prize must be accepted as described in the Contest Rules and can be transferred to another person, but cannot be substituted for another prize or exchanged in whole or in part for money (except as specified in section 17 of the Contest Rules).
15. Substitution of Prize. In the event where, for reasons not related to the selected entrant, the Organizer cannot award the Prize as described in the Contest Rules, it reserves the right to award a prize of the same nature and of equivalent or greater value or, at its sole discretion, the cash value of the Prize (or a portion thereof) mentioned in the Contest Rules.
16. Prize Limit. In no event shall the Organizer be required to award more prizes than indicated in the Contest Rules or to award the prize otherwise than in compliance with the Contest Rules.
17. Release. Any person who participates or attempts to participate in the Contest releases the Organizer, the Administrator, their affiliates, subsidiaries, and independent contractors and their respective directors, officers, employees, agents and representatives including advertising and promotion agencies and suppliers of prizes, materials or services related to this Contest, from any and all liability and any injuries, loss, damages, claims of any kind resulting from or arising from participation or attempt to participate in the Contest or acceptance, use or misuse of the Prize.
18. Limitation of Liability. The Organizer, the Administrator, their affiliated companies, their advertising and promotional agencies, the suppliers of products or services related to this Contest, their employees, officers, directors, representatives and agents also disclaim any liability for any damage or loss or injury that may be caused directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, by using the Contest Page or the transmission of any information relating to Contest participation, and are not responsible for damages caused to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer system resulting from participation in this Contest.
19. Contest Modification, Suspension or Termination. The Organizer reserves the right, at its discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Contest, in whole or in part, if for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including for technical failure or corruption, computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or any other cause beyond the control of the Organizer, which in the opinion of the Organizer, affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest.
20. Failure to Register all Entries or Early Termination of the Contest. In the event that the computer system cannot register all Contest entries during the Contest Period, for whatever reason, or if the Contest must be terminated in whole or in part before the closing date provided in the Contest Rules, the Administrator may, at the sole discretion of the Organizer, proceed with the draw among the entries duly registered during the Contest Period or, as the case may be, up to the date of the event ending participation.
21. Contest Organizer’s Decision. All decisions of the Organizer or those of its representatives regarding this Contest are final and binding.
22. Entrant Identification. In the event of a dispute over the identity of an entrant, the entrant will be deemed to be the holder of the email account used to enter the Contest.
23. Communication with Entrants. No communication or correspondence related to this Contest shall be exchanged with entrants except as provided for in the present Contest Rules or at the Organizer’s initiative.
24. Disclosure of the Selected Entrant Identity. The name of the selected entrant will be posted on the Contest Page once his/her status as winner is confirmed.
25. Personal Information. Entrants’ personal information collected for the purpose of the Contest will only be used to administer the Contest. No commercial or other communications unrelated to the Contest will be sent to entrants unless they have otherwise agreed to receive such communications.
26. Property of the Declaration Forms. Declaration Forms and Guest Declaration Forms are the property of the Organizer and shall not in any case be returned to entrants.
27. Illegal, unenforceable or invalid section. If a section of the Contest Rules is declared or deemed illegal, unenforceable or invalid by a competent court, that section shall be considered invalid, but all unaffected sections will be applied within the limits of the law.
28. Language. In case of any discrepancy between the French and English versions of the Contest Rules, the English version shall prevail.
29. Additional Questions. Please direct any questions, comments regarding the Contest by email at email@example.com(link sends e-mail) or by telephone at +1 (902) 620-3688.
- Enter via Facebook hashtag #URPEI
- Enter via Instagram hashtag #URPEI
- Enter via Twitter hashtag #URPEI